I am pleased to offer classes, workshops and other personal/professional growth opportunities for anyone interested in exploring the deep connection between body, mind, spirit and feeling. “Soma” is the ancient Greek word for body as perceived by the self, which is the focus of the variety of my offerings. My classes focus on individual process and learning organically through exploration, growing the self and increasing capability along the way. At the same time, we will pay attention to relatedness and community, as the self does not only grow alone, but in relation to others and our environment.
How I teach:
My passion is to make the rich and varied traditions of dance, yoga and conscious movement from East and West accessible to people with all levels of experience and a variety of goals. Whether I am working with professional dancers and actors or elderly cancer survivors, I see my role as a guide, and the goal is to empower each student to become his/her own best teacher. With a focus on individual process and growth, classes are generally limited in size to allow for personal attention, if desired. Private sessions are also available.
In a nutshell, my group and private offerings are designed to:
- Bring more clarity, freedom and pleasure into your own life
- Re-pattern dysfunctional movement
- Build self-awareness by learning to tune in and focus
- Broaden imagination to awaken creativity
- Increase balance, ease, and dynamic power and strength in mind and body
- Develop the ability to be in the present, not looking back with regret or forward with anticipation
- Challenge real and perceived limitations and move through them with kindness toward yourself
- Create a compassionate container for you to be seen, heard and acknowledged as you learn and grow
For information on current classes and workshops I am teaching, please see below. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.